Friday, March 18, 2011

Occupational Therapy + Grad School Update

Let me start things by apologizing. I am sorry for falling off the face of the earth with this whole blog thing. It's been partly due to a combination of my study and work schedule and general laziness (mostly laziness). On the plus side I've gotten my butt in gear when it comes to grad school stuff.

In the past two weeks I've gone to occupational therapy info sessions for both USC and Cal State Dominguez Hills. I've gone from this feeling of generally giddiness and excitement to fear and stress....I guess that's the ol' Sympathetic Nervous System kickin' in.

Not only is there an exorbitant amount of material to compile, but the whole thing is incredibly competitive. Going through the process and hearing exactly how may students are applying fro 60-90 seats is scary!



I'm trying to remain calm and level headed and keep checking things off my list, but arggggggghhhh. Talk about anxiety! On the plus side I have gotten incredibly organized. I had started to amass a pile of brochures, applications, leaflets, and pamphlets and things were starting to get a little out of hand.

I've also found it exceeedingly difficult to find a good occupational therapy blog coming from the prospective student perspective. I think it would be very nice to have some guidelines on what to expect or may someone to just commiserate with, so if anyone knows any good blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment