It's official, I am done writing SOPs!
Now, I just have to scrounge up the 60,thousandchbillion, err I mean $400 or so I need to pay for my applications. I think that's the one thing that everyone fails to mention, how expensive this whole process is.
I mean you know grad schools expensive, but noone was like, "Hey, OTCAS charges $125 for the first app and then $45 for each additional school" and UCSD sure as hell, never sent me an email informing me that transcripts went from $8 to $16, and I have to request 6 copies. It really adds up.
Between taking the GRE (twice), GRE tutor, and application fees, I've easily spent around $1500, and I know that's on the low end of what people spend. When I decided I wanted to follow my passion (sounds cheesy) and pursue OT I should have started putting away a couple of hundred a month, but because I am not one for planning ahead I've had to pay for things as I go.
The scary thing is that all of this application and pre application stuff is just the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment