I started volunteering with the hospital this week and to be completely honest it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not sure if it's because the hospital is small and out dated, but it could also be because all of the OT's and PT's ran out almost soon as I walked in.
I'm trying to just hold out, because I've only been there one day and part of being the novice is having to do the bitch work. It's just that you'd think the OT at the hospital would welcome getting to mold someone's experience and instead she just seemed annoyed by the whole thing.
Along with the joys of volunteering I've started getting serious about the GRE less then 30 days to go and I really would prefer to just take it once. Although I have gotten myself into a bit of a conundrum and have scheduled my test (Jan 3rd) for the first day of class (also Jan 3rd) and I happen to be first on the weight list. I'm hoping that I will get added before the first day of class so that I can speak with the teacher about the whole thing.
It feel good to finally be getting started with everything and working towards what it is that I think I want to do. I've always hated my birthday's because I feel like I haven't don enough to help others. This is the first birthday where I actually feel like I'm making a difference and that in itself feels so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment